Lenovo Technical Support
Lenovo, a Chinese company that becomes one of the most advanced and suggested brands in the modern IT Industry. It was established in 1984 by a team of eleven computer high tech and experts in Beijing. It deals with the designing, producing, assembling and marketing of the products. Due to various organizations and assets, Lenovo stands first as the world’s largest personal computer band.
Till present day around 27000 employees work in the company and products of the company have the leading edge market around 160countries in the global. The company has the popularity and increasing demand because of providing the best quality as well as advanced edge technology that includes the enhanced features. Moreover, it gives more importance to the protection and security to their products to make more interest among the users. They have the fingerprint detection so that no other person can access your notebook. There are many other features of different products like audio and multimedia features of Lenovo that make company commenced its eyes on the global business.
Serving as a global company Lenovo provides a wide range of products that are designed with benefits the particular demands, computing needs, and budget. Some of these products are discussed below-
- Information technology (IT) management software
- Personal computers
- Smart televisions
- Tablet computers
- Electronic storage devices and much more
Brief information on Lenovo Company Products
Lenovo emphasizes a broad array of notebooks and advance various workplace efficient functions in forms of practice including basic computing demands; multi-media enabled features, ultra compact notebooks as well as mobile workstation notebooks. The screen size may range from 12 inches to 15 inches and the minimum weight of notebooks is less than 3lbs.
The Lenovo notebooks include two types named as ThinkPad notebooks and IdeaPad notebooks. These both are designed with different useful features. ThinkPad notebooks are used for the business at competitive pricing whereas IdeaPad notebooks are used for the home and to complete basic office computing that helps to watch videos and movies, listen to songs, play games, sharing as well as browsing and much more.
The company has designed the laptops, personal computers according to the need of people like for house, and there are personal computers. Moreover, for the business, they use all the latest technologies and security features so that nobody can access your data.
How to troubleshoot the power issues of the desktop?
When the power is not properly transferred from the power source else it is not getting properly distributed among other connected parts like keyboard, mouse, and then this problem arise.
Follow these steps to fix this issue–
- Examine the power cord as well as on/off switch connector for proper installation.
- Assure that the 115/230 voltage selector switch on the back of the system is set to the correct voltage for the region. Furthermore, If the position of the switch is changed, get assured to unplug the computer first.
- Applying 230 volts to a system set at 115 will break the power supply.
- Make sure power is accessible and then make direct connections to stimulated wall sockets.
- In the next step, discard one surge protectors and power strips. Swap power cords with the monitor if feasible.
- Perform a power supply reset by unplugging the power cord, and then push the power button inside continuously for 10 seconds. Then again connect the power cord and try to power on the computer.
- Review the power supply diagnostic LED indications. Some newer power supplies are equipped with LEDs to indicate power supply and system board diagnostic conditions.
- Check whether the power switch is attached to the body or to the speaker, fan or power switch device.
- Examine the machine boots with the cover off by utilizing a pencil to push the power switch.
- The switch should be securely attached to the chassis. If the switch has become uprooted, it can be shifted back into position.
POINTS TO REMEMBER-
- Certain power switches join straight to the system board. You should be confirmed about the wire lead from the power switch is securely attached to the system board.
- By using the ohm meter, test the switch for linking when reduced with an ohm meter.
- Replace the connector from the power supply to the system board.
- Detach completely all drives as well as remove all adapters and memory, apart leaving only the processor, system board, and the power supply system board connector connected.
Replace the system board and/or riser adapter card as suitable.
After following all the steps, if still undergoing queries, you can take help from world computer support.
System powers off suddenly
While working system power gets off by itself due to the improper power supply and the flash light does not give any indications. To fix this issue, follow these easy and simple steps carefully-
- Assure that the 115/230 voltage selector switch on the end of the system is placed to the accurate voltage for the region. Make sure to draw out the computer first if you change the switch position.
- Warning: Using 230 volts to a system set at 115 will result in the break of the power supply.
- Switch surge protectors that are used when the current or voltage is increased and power strips and interchange power cords with the monitor
- Review all outer cord attachments for likely loosened or detached connections or cables.
- Examine the machine for a long period although advanced to the System Configuration Utility. After that When you switch on the computer, hold the F1 (function key) to continue to BIOS (Basic Input/output System) setup. And the System Configuration Utility information appears on the screen.
- After the system configuration utility, if no issues appear on the screen, then you have any other problem regarding software not with hardware. Contact World Computer Support for further information.
- Separate the covering of the system and check the power supply fan and processor fan if it is installed is working or not. The processor fan may work sometimes depending on processor temperature. Make sure that power supply fan should run frequently.
- Detach all extra drives like hard drives, CD-ROM or DVD drives, PCI or PCI-Express adapters, or memory that were attached newly check whether joining of the new drive(s) or other power consuming devices makes suddenly system off. If a new drive(s) created the problem, it can be broken or inappropriate with the system.
- Install the latest version of PC diagnostics possible as well as BIOS code for the system.
- Confirm Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) to its default settings.
- Restore the memory by the following steps-
- Power on your system.
- Again Press the F1 switch at the screen immediately.
- Click on the Load defaults option and press Enter from the keyboard.
- Approve the selection by choosing OK and press Enter.
- Finally, Save the settings and click on exit.
If you still facing any other issue other than discussed above, you may contact and get information about Lenovo support from World computer support. This service is open for 7 days and 24 hours. You will provide the solution to your problem as soon as possible by the support team.
Troubleshooting Ethernet networking issues of Dell ThinkPad
Follow these steps and make sure to check the network connectivity after completing one step.
Confirm that the link light lightens when the cable is joined.
- There are normally one or two LED pointers (one green either solid or flashing) while the network cable plugs within the network card.
- KEY POINT-When the link light does not get on, network cable or the network itself has the problem.
- Moreover, check the other ends of the cable so that in case it is connected directly to the core or switch then; make sure to see a LED indicator about the connection.
- Analyze with another cable in case the both ends does not produce the indicator.
Install the latest introduced driver for the adapter and moreover Review the Software and Device Driver page for the latest driver or firmware refresh for free cards.
- Point to remember-To use a card of another company; make sure to examine the card’s documentation for the proper web site to access.
Run system diagnostics for Dell ThinkPad.
- Examine the system’s Ethernet adapter if possible. The diagnostics options are accessible under downloads for the system here.
Verify that the network adapter is accurately arranged.
- Note: Maximum Dell ThinkPad systems have combined Ethernet cards that cannot be discarded. Consult World computer support Service or Lenovo support for replacement and launching instructions that are used.
Check that the network adapter is examined by the operating system.
Follow these steps to examine Device Manager and view for an icon that performs as Network Adapters as well as the notice about the network card is installed-
- Right-click My Computer icon and click on Manage option.
- Click on the Device Manager on the left side. Open the network adapters section and recognize Ethernet device is registered or not.
- Key point: An exclamation sign above a yellow background indicates that the card problem
Check that TCP/IP (protocol of Internet) is rightly installed. For testing that, follow these steps:
- Click on the My Network Places icon, along with that select Properties. The network card considers as Local Area Connection.
- Again, Right-click the relevant Local Area Connection and click on the Properties. In the Properties window, check whether the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is installed.
- If not installed, click on the Install <<Protocol<< TCP/IP.
- Obtain an IP address automatically as well as DNS server addresses automatically are checked when installed.
- Note: Just apply a Static IP Address whenever your network/Service Provider needs one.
In the next step examine the TCP/IP address by the given steps-
- Click on Start, select Programs option, choose Accessories, furthermore then click on Command Prompt.
- Copy the command, ipconfig. This will list the IP address for the local machine.
- If this repeats a 169.x.x.x or 0.0.0.0 address, next type the next commands, ipconfig /release and later ipconfig /renew. Now you will obtain a TCP/IP address relevant to your network, besides including a Default Gateway address.
- Now interface with it by copying this command ping x.x.x.x (the IP address of the Default Gateway)
- In case that command does not give a response or you did not obtain a TCP/IP address, follow the next step.
In this Ping the loopback address by the following steps discussed below–
- Click on Start, select Programs, next Accessories, and then click on Command Prompt.
- Type the command, ping 127.0.0.1. You will receive information about the internal network stack on the machine.
Introduce advanced Service Packages for Network Client or Operating System
- This is important to install Service Packs for both the operating system or for any further network clients that may be installed.
For further information, contact World computer support
Troubleshooting Hard Disk Drives Issues of Dell Desktops
- Hard disk drives are the mechanical devices and they can still get the failure if you handle them as your child. Once your hard drive gets damaged or failure, data backup is quite difficult. So before continuing, you should back up your important data. This failure can happen at any time due to virus attack, bad power supply, corrupted operating files and much more.
- To trouble IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) hard drive issues, follow these steps–
IDE hard drive is not recognized by the system Basic Input/output Setup (BIOS)
Whenever the drive is not approved by the system in the System Report information of the System Configuration Utility (the BIOS), practice a method of elimination to decide the drive, hardware configuration, the data cable or the system board is at risk or defective.
Detach all additional Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) devices on the primary controller as well as rearrange the hard drive to be the master drive on the primary controller if required.
- For controlling the drive for proper jumper configuration, there are three settings to recognize named as Master, Slave and Cable Select.
- Note-Some drives are configured using the simple Master drive or Slave drive jumpering scheme while other drives can be compared to a single Master drive beside none slave drive as a Master drive with Slave drive unless as a Slave drive. If a new drive has been added as a Slave drive, the Master drive may need to be reconfigured as the Master drive with Slave.
- Cable Select is an alternate jumpering scheme used on newer systems. Every device on the channel must be able of supporting Cable Select as well as jumpered Cable Select.
Switch, check and Replace the drive data cable and power attachments to the hard drive along with the system board.
- While disconnecting the cables from the hard drive or the system board, Cables should be carefully removed near the connector to decrease the feasibility of damage to the cable.
- Monitor concerning about bent or broken pins on the system board IDE controller as well as the hard drive
Verify whether the cable is suitable for the drive:
- Advanced Technology Attachment (ATA)-133 – 80 conductor, ATA-66, ATA-100, 40 pins
- Remember to join the blue connector to the system board.
- Attach the black point connector to the Master drive.
- Join the gray central connector to the Slave drive.
- Monitor for cut cable conductors to assured that cables do not hinder with drive trays while closing.
- Moreover, Review for decent pin 1 to pin 1 connection orientation. It may be likely to inaccurately flip cable connectors.
Verify whether the power connector is getting good connection to the hard drive Swap with another connector if possible.
In case the other system board controller is recognized to be safe, transfer the drive and cable assembly to that controller and then review the BIOS for drive recognition.
Whenever drive practices sound as well as vibration insulators, then you need to use a screwdriver unless you can install a jumper wire on the drive and body to assure the drive is completely grounded.
Separate every additional adapter from the system board slots.
- If your drive is recognized in another working system by the BIOS and if not drive is faulty and furthermore, update your drive if you receive replacement or new drive option.
If you are still facing the problems regarding this, take help from world computer support.
How To Install as well as Troubleshoot Serial ATA (SATA-Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) Hard Drive?
Serial ATA hard drives are designed in a way that they can be easy to install. It does not require any jumpers, terminators or additional settings for proper service. In this, all drive has its individual cable that attaches right to serial ATA host adapter on the motherboard. Both serial ATA drive and parallel ATA drive are supported on the motherboard.
To install serial ATA hard drive, you need the following –
- Serial ATA-compatible power cable or adapter
- Serial ATA interface cable.
- A system with a motherboard that holds a Serial ATA connector on it unless a Serial ATA host adapter as well as available PCI slot to connect the adapter
- The latest version of Windows with FAT32 or NTFS files system.
- Connect to your network system documentation to locate the Serial ATA on the motherboard and as well as the Serial ATA connector.
Follow these simple steps to install the serial ATA hard drives-
- First of all, Connect one terminal of the drive interface cable to the Serial ATA interface connector on your PC’s motherboard and in addition to that view the User Guide or Hardware Maintenance guidebook for connector locations.
- POINT TO REMEMBER: Serial ATA connectors are principal to confirm correct orientation.
- After this, connect the power cables and interface to the drive and secure the device according to Users Guide or Hardware Maintenance Manual.
- Now shut off your computer box and restart it. Your system will automatically identify the new drive. If not, follow these steps-
- Restart your system and operate the system BIOS setup utility while restarting.
- Press the F1 (function key 1) throughout the startup process.
- In the BIOS setup utility, review the system report to examine whether the SATA HDD(hard disk drive) is detected or not
- Press the F10 key to Save settings as well as exit the setup program.
- Finally, when the system restarts, your new hard drive will be identified.
For more information or if you have still any issue regarding Lenovo hard disk drive, you can take help from Lenovo support provided by the World Computer Support.
How to troubleshoot modem issues of Lenovo ThinkPad?
Some of these steps may not embed to your computer device. Therefore examine the modem later after performing each and every step.
- First of all you need clarifications about some basic issues that arise while using a dial-up modem to build an Internet connection and resources for troubleshooting modem obstacles in Windows XP. Take information from World Computer Support.
- After that, confirm that the modem line is connected to an RJ-11 phone jack and moreover, check that the modem line is linked directly to a wall outlet.
- Remove any devices such as line splitter surge protector, Telephone, or answering machine. Examine with another phone cable and a different wall outlet, if possible.
- Test the occupation of a powerful dial tone on the same telephone line that modem is trying to dial out on by connecting a telephone handset.
- Note: No any dial tone error information may be due to the software not managing a certain dial tone rather than a particular hardware mistake. Round the world, there is a change in the signal quality of the dial tone which makes a report of no dial tone detection. Moreover, the dial tone detection to correct no dial tone detected by modem error.
- Check out the newest driver has been downloading accurately.
- Verify the version using the install guidance and readme from the software and device driver files for your ThinkPad system.
- Furthermore, confirm that no extra software that obtains COM ports is going when the operating system loads.
- Check that the advanced BIOS and Embedded Controller if available for the ThinkPad system has been introduced.
- Moreover, you have to use your high-speed modem to connect to the Internet. For instance, whenever you have a broadband modem and a dial-up modem, utilize the broadband modem because it is very faster.
For any other information regarding the Lenovo company products and their issues , World Computer Support is here to provide you help at any time.